Friday, November 25, 2016

DREAMS MAKE REALITY





Have you watched the documentary about the day in the life of Dr. Mercola?

I did, twice. At first, I was jealous and envious, but then I said to myself, why not dream about the life he has?

Life is more palatable with dreams in it.

I dream that one day, I will be at least marginally financially independent and buy a small shack next to Mercola’s estate in North/Central Florida or somewhere else…

I will have a small garden with a few fruit trees: cherries, pears, apples, peaches, apricots, and may be figs? I will coax my spices into rampant growth, and grow a profusion of  celery and carrots (my favorite snack). If I can grow tomatoes, I would consider my life complete, as I can entirely survive on tomatoes, feta cheese and good crusty bread. Hm, how about a vineyard? I could also live on grapes and cheese.
 






Flowers are my weakness, so they will fill every nook and cranny not assigned to raising food. I might even accommodate a few beautiful hens for their eggs.

The shack will be close to the beach, so I can take long walks by the water, breathe the fresh ocean air, and absorb the uplifting expanse of sky and ocean merging in one on the horizon.





I will also limit my daily food intake within 6-8 hours, so that I can benefit from the intermittent fasting regimen (this timing allows the organism to dip into the fat storage for energy).
 

Taking care of my own needs may get boring, so I would definitely find a good cause to fight, or at least spread the word about healthy and creative life.

I may also go back to drawing, something I have not done since my teenage years. Drawing, back then, was the equivalent of meditation. It was a time of complete disconnect from the everyday din, and immersion in the world of the picture.

Pablo Picasso had said: ‘If you can imagine it, it’s real’. I feel it, I see it, I am almost there. I dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment