Monday, February 27, 2017

Websites and videos to relax with



When I need to relax after my working hours, I intentionally seek topics and news that diverge from the focus of my work. Not that the focus of my work is unworthy of my time after work. I have always invested many “non-working” hours (at home) in thinking about, writing, and delivering work-related tasks and assignments. 

However, from time to time I feel tired, physically and mentally. Therefore, I seek relaxation in books, videos, and aesthetically pleasing/educational websites. 


In addition to the financial podcasts and blogs that I regularly attend to (when I do my daily walking), I like to feast my eyes on beautiful gardens, flowers, and architecture. 


I have been a fan of the British series “Great Designs” with Kevin McCloud for several years now. The series are dedicated to the architectural ingenuity and esthetics of living.  My favorite episode is An Artist's Retreat Puglia Italy. The last time I watched it, it was available on YouTube. This is an inspiring story of a couple of artists, who built a retreat for paying guests in Italy. Since the action is in Italy, there are a few absurdities, but all works at the end. I recently discovered the website of the retreat. I wish I could visit!

A very recent discovery were also these two websites:
 

A quiet life 

Home is where the boat is 
 

If you enjoy beautiful photography, gardening, reading, and cooking, probably these two websites will be interesting to explore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment