Monday, February 29, 2016

Motivation


This weekend I was going through the archives of J L Collins, and found his post on motivation. Here is a snippet from the post, in which a successful salesperson was asked what motivated him. The answer was:

“The most motivating thing any manager ever did for me was to say that the best thing he could do was to stay the hell out of my way and let me do my job. And then he did just that. I made him and our company a lot of money during those years, and loved every minute of it.”


For more on "aspiration management" look at Ken Georgie Mathew's diagram:

 
The hierarchy of needs and its relation to aspiration management by Ken Georgie Mathew 

 If you are interested in the topic, you can find a great discussion on the five sources of motivation at the website of Quintus Curtius.

No comments:

Post a Comment