Sunday, March 24, 2019

Tofu-celery spread



Hello, everyone!

This weekend I had my scheduled cooking experiment: I prepared a tofu spread with celery. 


I am not very enthusiastic about the taste yet, probably because I did not use the right spices. Feel free to explore and add any spices and herbs that will make this otherwise nutritious spread more palatable. 

The tofu provides protein, the sunflower seeds and olive oil add healthy fats, the seeds also contribute with fiber and magnesium, the celery adds more fiber.

The spread goes well with my home-made super-easy to bake bread.

 
Tofu-celery spread

Ingredients
16 oz firm tofu
4 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1.5 cups thinly slices celery

1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 tsp salt
3 Tbsp olive oil
crushed garlic to taste
spices to taste

Directions
Divide the tofu into four pieces and squeeze these gently between your palms to remove the excess liquid. Mix all ingredients except for the celery and sunflower seeds in a food processor. After obtaining a smooth tofu spread, mix it with the celery and seeds and adjust the spices and herbs to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment