Saturday, March 9, 2019

Quick pancakes



I love pancakes but I can make them only on weekends, when I have time to perch myself by the pan and flip a pancake after pancake for more than half an hour. 


Well, recently I tried a pancake hack: I decided to bake the pancakes. Get these in the oven and forget about flipping! Also, the cooking time is shorter. Now I can make my pancakes on a workday morning.
 

For this quick experiment, I used the pancake mix Krusteaz (see picture below). 




However, you can assemble your own pancake mix. Try this simple recipe from Early Retirement Extreme 

  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder

If you start only with the dry pancake ingredients (flour + baking powder or ready-to-use, store-bought mix such as Krusteaz), then follow the directions below to assemble the batter for approximately 24 small pancakes:
 

  • 4 eggs 
  • 2 cups pancake mix
  • 2 cups water

Combine the eggs with the water (I mix these with a fork). Sift the pancake mix on top. Spray two 24-cup muffin pans with PAM, distribute the batter evenly between the muffin cups. I used a bit less than ¼ cup per portion. 


Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes or less. 

Enjoy! I served my mini pancakes with some low-sugar strawberry jam and a few cashews on top.




If there any leftover pancakes, refrigerate and warm up in the microwave later.




No comments:

Post a Comment