Sunday, June 5, 2016

Counting my jelly beans and living in the present



The peonies are finally blooming in their full glory

Do you remember the video The Time You Have (In Jelly Beans)?

I have been trying to make each "jelly bean" count. Especially on weekends, when I have more control over my time.

I usually wake up around 4 AM, drink my coffee - no sugar, check a few websites and get motivated.

My most productive hours are until 11 AM, so I am on the run immediately after breakfast. This morning I made some fried fish balls (light tuna, bread crumbs, one egg, salt and black pepper), baked potatoes, and avocado-yogurt dip (seasoned with parsley, garlic, salt and black pepper).

 

The honeysuckle looks very exotic
After abandoning the kitchen at 7:10 AM, I visited the garden to take a few pictures. 

The flower images will keep me alive, sane, and hopeful in the depths of the next winter... 
Sweet William self-seeded in distant corners of my garden


The peonies will last probably a week only...I wish I could capture their smell as well
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment