Monday, March 19, 2018

Leaf Extract Against Colorectal cancer

Here is a study suggesting that Ginkgo biloba L. leaf extract may be beneficial against colorectal cancer by affecting important cell signaling pathways that mediate that disease. The authors state: “The outcomes of the present investigation encourage the use of Ginkgo biloba L. leaf extract as a complementary and alternative therapeutic approach to abate CRC.”  As always consult your own physician; in my opinion, “complementary” may be useful, but “alternative” (as in use this but do not use traditional medical treatments) is a mistake. I have heard of too many horror stories of patients eschewing regular treatment for alternatives and then dying if a curable cancer because they realized, too late, that the alternative was really no alternative at all.  But, again, I am not a medical doctor and I am only giving my own opinion based on scientific background as well as personal experience and anecdote.  I would urge all cancer patients to follow the advice of their oncologists and, of course, ask whether other things can complement treatment.



No comments:

Post a Comment