Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Snowy dreams


I am crazy about gardens. 


Just thinking about a garden project and flowers relaxes me and makes me happy. Therefore, in the midst of my current blues caused by a three-foot snow cover, I look for YouTube garden shows that carry me into my dreamland, where I feel my best.

I love the Gardener's World (British) series; many of these are on YouTube.

More than a year ago I also discovered Big Dreams Small Spaces, another British show on gardening. I watched all episodes I could find, but then the show disappeared for the usual copyright reasons.

Recently, I was happy to find out that some episodes were back on YouTube.


Each episode is the story of two gardens. The stories follow the process of transforming boring and abandoned lawns into magical worlds of flowers. 

Monty Don is the leading gardener in both shows. He is the guardian of a fairy-like world of amazing flower beauty, plant secrets and nature poetry. 

Do you like fairy tales? If you do, Monty Don can teach you new fairy tales.


My last trip to the dollar store yielded more seeds


No comments:

Post a Comment