Saturday, February 16, 2019

Zesty salad for everyday



Hello, everyone!

I have been experimenting with my work lunches and decided that I needed as much spice and flavor as possible (to counteract the dullness of the work environment :)).

I love spicy-hot, check out this hot-hot walnut recipe. Therefore, I concocted a new salad mix that pleases my taste buds. I hope it pleases yours as well!
 

All major ingredients come from a can; therefore, the salad can be made in any season.

The salad is also fiber-rich, with no added sugar!



Zesty everyday salad

Ingredients
15.5-oz can corn kernels (make sure sugar is not added)
15.5-oz can black beans
20 oz pineapple chinks (no added sugar)
1 small sweet onion
hot pepper flakes (to taste)
hot sauce (to taste)
salt (to taste)


Directions
Dice the onion into small cubes (as small as possible). "Massage" (squeeze) the diced onion with some salt until the onion starts releasing its juice and it is less pungent. Drain the pineapple from its juice and cut the chunks into smaller pieces. Drain the beans and corn kernels, and combine these with the squeezed onion and pineapple. Mix with as much hot sauce and hot red pepper flakes as you like. Serve!


I keep my salad in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to five days.





No comments:

Post a Comment